Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday Morning Mush

Oy! Added another row to my back yard patio yesterday. Yikes, digging up grass with 50 year old root systems is hard! Had to take like 50 million breaks to sit in the shade and drink water (3 liters). I think the next phase - doing the other side of the porch is just going to have to wait until cooler weather.

So, hopefully none of my dear readers were too disappointed about the Rapture not occurring this past Saturday. A friend told me that if I had ever said the "magic prayer" I would be raptured up with everyone else.

That is such a depressing thought. I have NO desire to live forever. Seriously, forever? And not even on earth, doing stuff, but sitting around heaven in some sort of eternal church sermon? No thanks, I'd probably end up having to sit by Jerry Falwell instead of Mother Teresa so I wouldn't even have someone interesting to talk to.

Jason had a photoshoot at 6pm Saturday. Before he left, he asked me if I wanted to repent "just in case". (Now, I've had that just in case tossed at me many times, but, um, if your god is all knowing, wouldn't he know I was just faking it? And if he did and it still counted, well, what does that say about his ethics?)

But I digress. The family Jason was shooting told him that if they starting disappearing, to just keep taking pictures and he got a good laugh by asking, "what makes you think I'll still be here?"

But his remark to me left me thinking. And me, glass of wine in hand, thinking, isn't always a good thing.

So, this is what he came home to later on. I was hiding in the laundry room, giggling myself into a hernia. I heard him walking around, then "Oh, you are funny." I kept hiding and he didn't even look for me! Went to get his camera and found me when he was trying to get a better angle for the photograph. Sigh.

Loki sez: I'm ready to be raptured! Human grade tuna and cat nip every day!
Thor sez: Dude, those people don't think you have a soul.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Exactly what I was thinking--live forever? NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Cute photo.