Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Finally!

The painting of the master bedroom and bathroom is done. Holy cats. I don't care if the paint turns to dust and falls off the walls, I am never painting in there again.

But, I am very happy with the new color. And I used the one I didn't like for the doors, it's a soft white, I thought it would have more of a blue/gray undertone, but it didn't which was why I didn't like it for the walls. So, a nice icy blue on the walls and this white for contrast.

Found some awesome light switch plates in silver today. The furniture I'm going to order, the dresser and nightstands have silver pull knobs, and the lamps I found are sliver with white shades. The bedding is a gray/silver with ice blue, a dusky blue and brown.

Waiting for Uncle Sam to return the money he borrowed last year and I can order the furniture and start putting things together.

Only two painting incidents today. I banged the heck out of my head under the sink, and forgetting I had the bathroom window wide open, let loose with a string of swear words that would have made a Hell's Angel blush. I hope the neighbor wasn't in his back yard. And Thor, who was supervising the entire painting project, sat down in some paint so needed his hind end washed. Let me tell you how fun that was.

Thor sez: I should report you to OSHA for having paint at cat butt level.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh, no! I did that one time, when I had two cats. I was painting and first one of them ran through the paint pan. No sooner had I washed off his paws than the other cat did the same thing.

Yeah, I still feel stupid for leaving that pan out, but I was busy chasing down the first cat so I could wash his paws!

JanetLee said...

Sharon - I was worried that would happen, but Thor is a pretty good supervisor, he would stay on the bed, following me around the perimeter and smack me on the head if he felt I was slacking off.

It was in the bathroom where he didn't have a safe perch that he brushed his butt on the wall that the incident occurred.

I was the one tracking paint, I'd wipe my hands on my "painting pants" and forget, sit down and scooch around the floor.

Sharon said...

Okay, I'm not going to ask why you were scooching around the floor.

But I'm very impressed with all the work you're doing ... both inside and inside, if you know what I mean. I wish I were as industrious, at least insofar as my walls were concerned. I live alone (yes, I'm a crazy cat lady--but with only one cat), so I've done quite a bit of "interior" work, aka, soul-searching and getting comfortable with myself. Someday, it'll show up in my writing, I hope.

JanetLee said...

Baseboard cut in painting + bad knees = floor scootching.