Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Yes I am Still Alive, No I am not Trapped Under Something Heavy

Sorry! I really have been meaning to put up a new blog post. It's just been a weird couple of weeks.

So my mom had a semi-emergency surgery. All is well now, but it threw a wrench into everything.

And then The Muse decided to make me insane. Seriously. Insane. So, I have this completed manuscript that I send around looking for a home. And I have my novel-in-progress that I've been moping and wallowing around with for about two years now, going nowhere.

And I have this horridly horrible two draft horror of a first novel. But I liked the people in the novel, just not the insanity I tried to march them through. Since it was my very first attempt to write a novel, I am not ashamed that it is horrible, I just accept it. Like when your second child is born so cute and you realize how ugly your first baby was.

I'd had for a couple of years wanted to take those characters and do a light romantic comedy type novel, but the idea just wouldn't germinate.

Well, it germinated. The Muse dumped almost the entire plot line into my brain, complete with pretty much the entire first 10 chapters all in the space of about a day.

So, I've been writing like crazy - close to 18,000 words in just about a week (and I worked night shift three of the days of that week).

It's a little consuming at this time.

Hopefully, we shall return to our regular postings soon. I wouldn't want to be responsible for any kitten withdrawal.

2 comments:

Pixel Peeper said...

I was wondering what happened to you.

Well, congratulations on your tsunami of creativity. My fingers are crossed for you - good luck!

And hoping your Mom is OK.

Sharon said...

Wow, I am quite impressed. Not to mention envious. But then, I haven't invited the Muse in lately.

Anyway, congrats and keep going! Just maybe throw up some new photos of the boys a couple times a week, I'll be happy.