Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ghosts of Christmas Past

Yesterday, I led my nephew Douglas and his girlfriend Adrianne on a JanetLee style Charleston tour. (On Broad Street, I pointed out the South of Broad/North of Broad divide, at John Calhoun's mansion, I described him as "sort of the Newt Gingrich of his time".) Most likely not approved of by the visitor's board.

Anyway, we were walking up Church Street when I spotted this anchor. I snapped a quick picture and told Doug and Adrianne, "I think I took a picture of that exact same anchor back when I was a teenager."

And sure enough, I was right. The date on the back is stamped 1978, but I think it was in late 1977 when I took it. That was back in the days of mailing off your film to be developed.

2 comments:

Charlestonjoan said...

Good find! I think we all have the same shot.

JanetLee said...

Thanks. Going to try to take them out to Bethany cemetery before they go.